3837-3845 Telegraph Ave.
Oakland, CA 94609
Cronin House is a 34-bed residential program for men, male-identifying people and non-binary individuals affected by substance use disorders, mental health issues and other co-occurring disorders. Clients are able to stay up to 90 days.
The facility is currently housed in a historic two-story home in downtown Oakland next to our women’s residential program, Chrysalis (we have plans of reopening our Depot Road facility soon).
Cronin House is staffed by caring, dedicated professionals, many of whom are also in recovery from substance use and co-occurring behavioral health related issues. Our program staff are extremely knowledgeable about the challenges facing our clients in treatment and offer real-world guidance and 24/7 support to address those challenges and realize a stable path to recovery.
The program provides clients with a safe, supportive and engaging environment in which they may explore new lifestyle choices. Clients will participate in an intensive recovery program comprised of educational sessions, group counseling, individual counseling, case management and other supportive activities. We also provide opportunities for our clients to engage in self-help programs throughout their stay, such as Alcoholic Anonymous (AA) and Narcotics Anonymous (NA).
Program components consist of:
- Assessment and referral services
Comprehensive, person-centered treatment planning
- Educational sessions and resource information for SUD, mental health, and other support services
- Individual and group counseling
- Indoor and outdoor recreational activities
- Discharge/Transition planning and case management services
- Family counseling or family support services as appropriate
- Guidance for accessing self-help resources
- Assistance with medical, mental health and social services needs
Cronin House is fully licensed and certified by the State of California Department of Drug and Alcohol Programs to provide non-medical alcohol and drug residential services.